I have had the great pleasure of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely OneDizzyBee. Although I am sorry that I’ve been a little, and by that I mean a lot, late to doing this post; but have had a lot going on so couldn’t be avoided.
I will not be doing this quite as you should as I don’t know any other newbie bloggers, most of those I have connected with are all quite well established bloggers. But even so I feel that hearing their answers would be just as interesting as those of new bloggers.
There are just a few simple rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Nominate 10 newbie bloggers- though as mentioned I am not doing this.
So here are the questions I have been asked and my best attempt at answering..
1. Which cartoon character do you most resemble and why? Is there any teenage cartoons?
2. What is your least favourite word in the English language and why? SPECIFIC! Purely because I can’t say it, so it always comes out as ‘pacific’, and I get either laughed at, or people ask what I mean- not fun.
3. What’s your best advice for new bloggers? Have fun with it, do what you want to do, and don’t stress. But also get involved, do the twitter chat, and blog tags as you will meet some amazing people who know what they are doing when it comes to blogging.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be? To fly! Because it would open up the possibility of going anywhere, and reasonably quickly- plus then you don’t have to walk- YAY!
5. You’re stranded on a desert island with three things you currently own and a famous person. Who and what? Well I would need a book, and a big one to last me a while, so would probably chose my book of 7 Jane Austen novels. Then the oven, so that I can cook food, and then probably a torch- as I’m scared of the dark; plus I can then make sure no animals attack me. As for the famous person, I’m really not sure; would probably have to be an author, so that when I ran out of books to read they can still tell me stories. So with that in mind it would be between Philippa Gregory or Alison Weir, but I’m not sure which
6. Name one achievable goal for 2016 regarding your blog. I’ve already set myself the goal of getting 1000 visitors to the blog by the end of the year. I’m currently sitting at a little over 250, so I see this as being reasonable
7. The Kardashians: Your thoughts in twenty words or less. Pure waste of time
8. What’s your favourite blogging topic? I think my book posts will forever be my favourite, however my my aim is to do mental health posts. The more and more I do, I find I feel a greater sense of achievement from mental health posts being released, and there’s a completely different sense of passion that I find I have when I’m writing them.
9. Share a link with us to your favourite post you’ve written. That’s really tough. I have favourites for different reasons. I have one that I have never felt so passionate about, and that I’m constantly promoting, and then I have one I did that I find really cute- partly because of the photos. I think I would have to go with my ‘Ever Googled Schizophrenia?’ post. I have never wanted people to see a post as much as I do this one. However I’ll also share the other one which I had great fun writing and choosing photos for, ‘My Crazy Nutty Duo‘.
10. Does your “real life” (family, friends, work) know about your blog? They do now! I was wary at the start as I saw my blog as my escape, a place I could tell my story and write my thoughts without any fear of what people thought. It took a while for me to realise that much of what I write, I’ve told them anyway, so decided to share this with them.
So all that this leaves is my nominations and the questions for them. I have to be imaginative, or dear- not my strong point! But here are the questions:
- What got you blogging originally?
- How far do you want to take blogging? Career, or just for fun?
- Tea or Coffee?
- What is you ultimate dream from life?
- Have you ever written a post you were scared to release?
- Did this change after you got a response?
- Do you have pets? What animal?
- If you could only go over land or water, which would it be?
- Sun or Snow?
- Sweet or Savoury?
And the nominees are:
- Gema Diaz
- John Sennett
Sorry that there is not 10 but was struggling. If you want to know how I chose these, I did it by a mix of people I talk to, people I’ve met recently, and just people whose blogs I LOVE! Thought it would be good to get to know the author behind the blog a bit more..