So this week has been a rocky one to say the least; between another kidney issue, what is appearing to be a cold, and a break up. Yes despite mentioning him in a previous post this week, my boyfriend and I have decided to just be friends for the time being. Therefore I need a pick me up, so I’ve ordered myself a really cosy looking cape from Boux Avenue, and now time to read lots so its READATHON TIME!I don’t think I have properly participated in a readathon for over a year or so now, as have been pretty busy the past year that I could never guarantee a free week. But now, other than a university deadline, a haircut and a physio session, I’m actually pretty free this week.
The Minimoji, is a week long version of the Emojiathon with lots of Christmas themed challenges which just sounds like a lot of fun and perfect for this time of year to get into the Christmas spirit.
Right so the challenges, I’ve put together a TBR but I will say it now, this may change as I am a right little mood reader and cant be reading something I don’t feel in the mood for. Plus that there is no way I will finish all the challenges, but thought Id give myself lots of options and also just have the fun of matching books to the challenges.
– A book set during winter – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling, I have the illustrated edition that Ive read the first few chapters of. This is the best I can think of for based in winter as I know that it is at least partly based in the winter.
– Read a book with green on the cover- Hunted by Meagan Spooner, I bought this not too long ago, and as I’m on a fairy tale/ fantasy kick lately I think it’ll be a good one to get round to.
– A book that has the Christmas spirit (a Christmas book) ;- I have absolutely no ideas for this one, think I’ll just leave it. Though if you have any ideas give me a shout!
– A book with angels in it- Angelfall by Susan EE, well it has angels, as it says in the title
– Read for 60 minutes straight without checking your phone- for this I could use any of the books, I’ll just have to wait and see which one takes me into its grasp enough for me to not check my phone! 🙂
– A book with a reflective cover- Hunted will again work for this, its a super reflective cover.
– A book you received as a gift- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, I was given this as a gift last Christmas I believe, I might be wrong but I know I definitely got the sequel then. If I’m wrong then I definitely got Prisoner of Azkaban as a gift the other week.
– A book that has red & white on the cover- The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid- this is my current read, though I’m only about 30 pages in so far so practically barely started
– New year, new book! Start a new series.- The Diabolic could also be used for this, or again Illuminae.
– Ghost of christmas past; read a book that has been haunting your TBR for over a year- The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski, well I think I’ve had this for 2 years or so now, and I really feel like picking it up now! But I could also count Harry Potter as been meaning to read this series pretty much since I could read
– A warm/fuzzy read- I highly doubt I’ll do this one as I’m not really a warm fuzzy book kind of person; unless does Harry Potter count?
– Shiny new toy, read a new book that you’ve been dying to get your hands on- Hunting Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, I only brought this the other week and is the newest book I own that I haven’t read!
– YAY SPORTS! GO TEAM! Read a book featuring sports (bonus points for a wintery sport)- Right, there is only one book I could possibly count for this and it is Harry Potter, ah Quiditch has to count after all!
– Read a book with snow on the cover- Once again, I will be counting Hunted for this, it has lots of shiny snow on the cover.
– A book that features family or food- Angelfall is probably the best fit I have for this. Really need to pick this one up or it will be going to the charity shop, owned it forever and really doesn’t appeal to me that much anymore
– A book with bad reviews- Okay, so I’ve used Goodreads to list the books on my ‘want to read’ in lowest reviews to high. And its come up with either The Marriage Game by Alison Weir- this I’m upset about as Alison Weir is a Queen at historical fiction! Or The Waking Land by Callie Bates, which I have a review copy of, so may be worth getting round to this.
– A book that features travel- I feel like I’m getting repetitive now, but Harry Potter! Ah its got the night bus, buses are transport!
– Dreaming of Christmas in July. Read a book set during the summer- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif, hey he goes to Camp Half-Blood, a SUMMER camp!!
– Fa La La La L-ISTEN to an audiobook!- Not sure I’ll do this, but if I do it will be Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo as its the audiobook that I have downloaded at the moment
– Freebie- Hmm, now this is actually quite tough as I’ve managed to fit the ones I have really been wanting to get to in to the challenges. I think it might be Gemina, if I get into the Illuminae series, or Throne of Glass, or A Darker Shade of Magic. Thinking about it even possibly Fallen Kingdoms- basically, I don’t know, it could be anything.
So there is a strong chance that this will all change as I’m terrible at sticking to TBRs, and am such a mood reader. So we will just wait and see. Are you taking part, and what are you reading?
I’ll be doing a wrap up for this next week, with daily updates.
One thought on “#Minimoji readathon TBR”
Sorry to hear about the break up. Prob better off. Relationships are such a pain. Lol 😉. I hope u feel better. I’ve been there and heartbroken. Hope the readathon helps. I’m reading the illustrated Ed of HP 3. I think it’s totally a warm and cozy read. I’ve used it for many of the challenges. Good luck!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person